Friday, September 28, 2007

Today's Topic: Cars


Do you drive a cool car? I doubt it. Non-cool cars/things car related:
  1. Any car that is Gold or Yellow
  2. Cars with pin stripes
  3. Pontiac Aztec's. If you have one please drive straight to a car dealer and lose it. If it is Yellow please set it free off a cliff.
  4. Cars with hub caps. This is OK if you have a cheap car. This is not OK if you buy a real car and do not opt for real rims.
  5. Leaving the Dealer license tag frame on the car after taking the car home. Seriously? You left yours on? It looks ridiculous.
  6. Even worse, leaving the sticker of the Dealership on the back of the car. This looks awful. Go outside and remove it right now. I will wait.
  7. The Chrysler 300M. This is not a cool car. This is a ridiculous looking junky car. Trust me, people are only looking at you to see who actually walked into a Chrysler dealership and thought, "that is a nice looking car, I think I will buy it". Really? You thought it looked good? Seriously? Did you also think it was well built?
  8. Honor Student stickers. No one cares less about your kid than the person driving behind you.
  9. People that will only buy American cars. I am sure my Acura has more American supplied parts than any "American" car out there. Many are made in Canada and Mexico. Get over it.
  10. People that buy the undercoating on a new car and think they got a good deal on the car. You didn't.
  11. PT Cruisers.
  12. Chevy HHR and SSR
  13. People who stop a football fields length behind the person in front of them at a red light.

20 comments:

insanemommy said...

So Mr. Schmarty Hot Cool Car Guy. What do you think of "pimp" daddy rides? I personally would love a new set of wheels and a rockin' machine for me and my brood. Like, let's say a Range Rover...

park it said...

Yo Gator Dude - I sure hope you mean FL Gators - as they are WAY COOL!
c in FL somewhere

Heather said...

This post is going to get you in serious trouble with your girls when they are 16 and want a REAL car and you want them to ride the metro.

BTW- The Seminoles are definitely cool!

Steffie B. said...

Is that all you got? Car stuff.....bring it on baby!

LaLa said...

Wow...totally cool!! Glad I don't have any of the non coolness on your list!

Sophie's Mom said...

Oh, so when your kiddos are honor students, you won't be bragging to your fellow commuters?

How about when your daughters give you the sticker, and beam with pride as they ask you to display it on your car? Oh yeah... I thought so...

dawn said...

Phew, past that nasty little test with flying colours. Just hope you don't add, "kid marked interiors" to your list of uncools and unacceptables and all will remain dandy.

cougchick said...

what about a silver toyota van with scrapes from boys riding their bikes into the side of it? Nothing cooler, I'd say. AND, I bet you can't say you've had a mouse family living in your van. I can.....I am so cool.

Yoli said...

I personally love number 8 and think it is so true. Of course when my child gives me one you will be reading it on the road.

So what car are you buying your children? I think the Range Rover is a great idea.

Kim said...

I DRIVE A COOL CAR....
Honda Odyseey(2007)
Silver Pearl...
No PinStripes...
I have rims...Not hub caps...
My license plate cover is McClintock Chargers- Son's football.....
NO STICKERS...
NOT a Chrysler...
No underliner...
Thanks for trying.. but
I HAVE THE COOL CAR...
ANYTHING ELSE BIG BOY????

Christy said...

I would have to say I agree and after I just read it to my husband sitting on the couch next to me, he agrees also!!! That was totally funny!! Good job on your first blog enrty. Now your gonna get a following and your going to HAVE to post everyday :)

Christy :)

Jewels of My Heart said...

Welcome to Bloggerville...... You are one of us now.... Ah Ha Ha
"Buy your wife a COOL Range Rover..." hehee

insanemommy said...

You girls crack me up! He's now going to have to do his homework!

E. said...

Wow, blogging about cars! Impressive - for a guy :) Mazel, mazel on getting sucked into the world of blogging. And even more mazel for (in three posts) officially having more readers than me. Who does your PR?
BTW - I'm a fellow Acura owning, former Jacksonville dwelling, Jewish Center membering blogger. But I cheer for the 'Noles.

Mr.Brian said...

Nice to have an other male blogger out there.Just do not move in on my babes.
As far as the list goes I think #8 is the best one.
As you say I am driving down the road and see a sticker stating that.What am I going to do pull up along side them and shake there hand and ask from what side of the family do the brains come from.I think not!!!!
Keep the blogs coming.

Lori said...

Dear Mr Cool Cat,
Are station wagons and Nantucket stickers ok?
Just wondering.

kerri said...

Okay, officially I am not cool.
American, gold pinstripes and has the dealer plate on, but I did remove sticker.
Welcome to the addictive Blog world, it'll get ya!! ;O)

jennifer said...

Just wait till your little sweety looks you in the eyes and asks you to put the bumper sticker she worked to hard to get on your car!!!

GEAUX TIGERS!!! We'll be there Saturday!!

Christine said...

I don't fit into any of the criteria you mentioned but I don't drive a cool car- I am driving a mini- van - yep smells like french fries too. Wanna trade?

Truly Blessed said...

I'm late to the party, but wanted to chime in (especially with regards to the Honor Student bumper sticker...)

I'm so not cool. I've been driving around with an H.R. sticker for four years -- and expect another two years when the first marking period of my Jr. High sons' 7th grade year is posted.

You see, there is extreme pressure from the children -- the very Honor Students themselves -- to display their sticker on the family car.

And so I caved.

Each son got two years worth of them (one sticker per year --taken off during the summer months)...four years running so far.

And, I bet you stick the stupid sticker on YOUR car when your girls earn them too. I'll check back in about 10 years to see if I'm right...